CITY OF WAUKEGAN
CITY HALL, WAUKEGAN, ILLINOIS 60085
TELEPHONE: (847) 599-2513
DATE: Monday, April 15, 2013
II. MOMENT OF SILENCE & PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. MAYOR’S COMMENTS
IV. AUDIENCE TIME
- Motion to approve the Minutes of April 1, 2013 Regular Meeting and Executive Session.
- Presentation by Jon Shabica, Shabica and Associates regarding the state of the Harbor Sand Management Plan.
- BAM Poets Celebrating National Poetry Month
VII. COMMITTEE REPORTS/MOTIONS
FINANCE COMMITTEE REPORT:
- Approve a Resolution of the City of Waukegan, Illinois reallocating 2013 Volume Cap to the Village of Buffalo Grove, Illinois.
- Authorize the Director of Information Technology to extend the existing contract with Experis (ManPower Group) through April 30, 2014 in an amount not to exceed $74,000.00, Budget Code 555-915924438.
- Authorize the Director of Information Technology to extend the existing contract with Blackboard Connect for Government through April 21, 2014 in an amount not to exceed $19,578.57, Budget Code 555-915524412.
- Authorize the Director of Finance & Administration to extend a contract with Ajilon / Accounting Principles through April 30, 2014 in an amount not to exceed $60,000.00, Budget Code 100-103624436.
- Authorize the Finance & Administration to write-off bad debt in the amount of $33,183.57, Budget code 100 1036 28100.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE REPORT:
- Award Copperhorns to the low qualified bidder Mid America Water Supply of Wauconda IL and the
various Fire Hydrant Assemblies to East Jordan Iron Works of East Jordan MI.
- Award the Water Meters to the low qualified bidder Badger Meters of Milwaukee WI for the fiscal year 2013-2014.
- Award the Water Plant Chemicals to the low qualified bidders for the fiscal year 2013-2014.
- To enter into a license agreement between Level Three Communications LLC and the City of Waukegan to allow for a fiber optic cable within our Right of Way.
- to enter into a contract with the low qualified bidder Eco Clean Maintenance of Chicago IL for an amount not to exceed $72,398.00.
- Grant permission to purchase our road striping paint for the 2013-2014 fiscal year from Enis Flint Paint of Enis TX for an amount no to exceed $14,947.00. This price does include delivery to the Public Works facility.
- Grant permission to amend the Code of Ordinances for an Ordinance to prohibit glass containers at the Waukegan Beach.
- Grant permission to enter into an agreement with ENERNOC for the Emergency Load Response Program.
VIII. OLD BUSINESS
- Motion by Alderman Beading, seconded by Alderman Moisio to appoint Homer Benavides to the Waukegan Port Authority Board (HELD OVER BY ALDERMAN TENPAS)
- Motion by Alderman Beadling, seconded by Alderman May to appoint Diane Verratti to the Waukegan Port Authority Board (HELD OVER BY ALDERMAN TENPAS).
- Motion by Alderman May, seconded by Alderman Beadling to appoint Demar Harris to the Waukegan Housing Authority (HELD OVER BY ALDERMAN CUNNINGHAM).
- Motion by Alderman Newsome, seconded by Alderman May to adopt as presented the Annual Appropriation Ordinance of the City of Waukegan, Illinois for the Fiscal Year beginning May 1, 2013 and ending April 30, 2014 (HELD OVER BY ALDERMAN TENPAS).
- Motion by Alderman May, seconded by Alderman Moisio to adopt an Ordinance amending Chapter 20 of the City Code of the City of Waukegan, increasing the City’s Hotel or Motel Occupancy Tax (HELD OVER BY ALDERMAN CUNNINGHAM)
IX. REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
X. NEW BUSINESS / RECOMMENDED ACTIONS BY CORPORATION COUNSEL
- Approval of payroll dated April 3, 2013 in the amount of $1,348,892.92.
- Approval of bills
- Treasurer’s Report for the month of March 2013.
- ORDINANCE – extending the Temporary Moratorium on the issuance of Conditional Permits for Nightclub uses in the City of Waukegan
XII. ALDERMEN’S TIME